I became so mad at poetry
That I punched myself in the face
Repeatedly with a startling strength!
I think as a moral imperative
We should probably kill ourselves
Tomorrow, or stop reading poetry,
Or cut off our hands and mail them
To poets we don’t like, or loot a Dunkin’ Donuts
And pour all the donuts down a storm-drain.
I recently was instructed to close my eyes
And pay mindful attention to each part of my body.
I hated each part and wanted to obliterate it.
I realized I don’t know what my nose looks like.
Let’s agree that my body is repugnant
In a completely non-aesthetic way.
I think as a moral imperative
The proletariat should come over
And carve my repugnant body up with knives.
When I desired to know my future,
I searched for the tarot cards I purchased
In Vermont to understand Charles Olson,
But I quickly remembered that I’d lost
The “three of sticks.” Someone said, “hey,
It’s not called the three of sticks.” Someone else
Explained that it was no big deal.
The three of sticks is insignificant and marks
An onset of a venture, or a venture’s delay.
I thought about it and foreclosed my omen.
I felt ok about that. I thought, If I can’t take a train
Down to Rittenhouse Square and mug someone,
Why am I alive? Let’s imitate the body with horror.
I hate this book I’m reading intensely. I think a bad way
To review a book is to write down the exact opposite
Of what you really think, and keep a tally of all the people
You tricked. It’s a technique that makes me intensely anxious.
This and other techniques make me long for insurance.
In my dream, I said to David W. Pritchard
“some of your ideas seem wrong-headed or obscure,
but many more of them don’t, let’s disagree,
but overall it’s ok because you make me laugh,
you’re cool to hang out with, etc., let’s go
ride bicycles all the way to Chadd’s Ford, PA,
enter into the Casimir Pulaski Memorial House,
and either dance like wingnuts or smash up the joint,
or have some kind of trance reading a la Cora Hatch.”
Hey, poets—! Instead of being inscrutable,
Please come to my house, bring a gun,
And destroy me materially and totally.
I fell asleep reading about Andrew Jackson Davis,
Who ran around the entire country believing completely,
The law of his body on the earth and the law of his ghost,
also, on the earth.
- katie-is-simply-gaming likes this
- johnnypitt likes this
- keepcalmandalwaysdrinktea reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- alltheendlessanswers likes this
- justbonelove likes this
- ettusalad likes this
- seventoheaven likes this
- jokersfolley reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- jokersfolley likes this
- it-only-hurts-when-i-breathe reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- infinitesplinters likes this
- macdaddyblack reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- raghs likes this
- radiyum likes this
- oneabsolutelybatshitcrazybitch likes this
- wildchildxoxo17 reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- remcc reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- ashesof-americanflags reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- lucyliuisbetter reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- wavemirroring likes this
- regurgitate-that-verb-i-ate reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- genoarain likes this
- anonymouscritiques reblogged this from comefriendlybomb and added:
- cordeliagablewrites likes this
- ieatkids4breakfast likes this
- alibisandstories likes this
- xxmidnight-frightxx likes this
- daydreamsonlooseleafpaper likes this
- kkissingthelipless likes this
- emptychildrps likes this
- mynaturepath likes this
- ilikemoozyk reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- im-your-solace likes this
- prosebe4hoes likes this
- brandonvillasenor likes this
- ohamancla likes this
- tightline likes this
- aleenaxd likes this
- beneath-a-lonely-place likes this
- m0veaway likes this
- sunraysocean likes this
- callmethepizzaman reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- lovelikeogkush likes this
- thislovelymaelstrom likes this
- gdsfavoritecolor likes this
- crazzylidie likes this
- crazzylidie reblogged this from comefriendlybomb
- friendswithlaughs likes this
- arrowstem likes this